13 March 2018. Summary of changes for version 20180313:
This release is available at https://acpica.org/downloads
1) ACPICA kernel-resident subsystem:
Implemented various improvements to the GPE support:
1) Dispatch all active GPEs at initialization time so that no GPEs are lost.
2) Enable runtime GPEs earlier. Some systems expect GPEs to be enabled before devices are enumerated.
3) Don't unconditionally clear ACPI IRQs during suspend/resume, so that IRQs are not lost.
4) Add parallel GPE handling to eliminate the possibility of dispatching the same GPE twice.
5) Dispatch any pending GPEs after enabling for the first time.
AcpiGetObjectInfo - removed support for the _STA method. This was causing problems on some platforms.
Added a new _OSI string, "Windows 2017.2".
Cleaned up and simplified the module-level code support. These changes are in preparation for the eventual removal of the legacy MLC support (deferred execution), replaced by the new MLC architecture which executes the MLC as a table is loaded (DSDT/SSDTs).
Changed a compile-time option to a runtime option. Changes the option to ignore ACPI table load-time package resolution errors into a runtime option. Used only for platforms that generate many AE_NOT_FOUND errors during boot. AcpiGbl_IgnorePackageResolutionErrors.
Fixed the ACPI_ERROR_NAMESPACE macro. This change involves putting some ACPI_ERROR_NAMESPACE parameters inside macros. By doing so, we avoid compilation errors from unused variables (seen with some compilers).
2) iASL Compiler/Disassembler and Tools:
ASLTS: parallelized execution in order to achieve an (approximately) 2X performance increase.
ASLTS: Updated to use the iASL __LINE__ and __METHOD__ macros. Improves error reporting.