Submitted by (not verified) on
18 August 2015. Summary of changes for version 20150818:
This release is available at https://acpica.org/downloads
1) ACPICA kernel-resident subsystem:
Fix a regression for AcpiGetTableByIndex interface causing it to fail. Lv Zheng. ACPICA BZ 1186.
Completed development to ensure that the ACPICA Disassembler and Debugger are fully standalone components of ACPICA. Removed cross-component dependences. Lv Zheng.
The max-number-of-AML-loops is now runtime configurable (previously was compile-time only). This is essentially a loop timeout to force-abort infinite AML loops. ACPCIA BZ 1192.
Debugger: Cleanup output to dump ACPI names and namepaths without any trailing underscores. Lv Zheng. ACPICA BZ 1135.
Removed unnecessary conditional compilations across the Debugger and Disassembler components where entire modules could be left uncompiled.
The aapits test is deprecated and has been removed from the ACPICA git tree. The test has never been completed and has not been maintained, thus becoming rather useless. ACPICA BZ 1015, 794.
A batch of small changes to close bugzilla and other reports:
- Remove duplicate code for _PLD processing. ACPICA BZ 1176.
- Correctly cleanup after a ACPI table load failure. ACPICA BZ 1185.
- iASL: Support POSIX yacc again in makefile. Jung-uk Kim.
- ACPI table support: general cleanup and simplification. Lv Zheng, Bob Moore.
- ACPI table support: fix for a buffer read overrun in AcpiTbFindTable. ACPICA BZ 1184.
- Enhance parameter validation for DataTableRegion and LoadTable ASL/AML operators.
- Debugger: Split debugger initialization/termination interfaces. Lv Zheng.
- AcpiExec: Emit OemTableId for SSDTs during the load phase for table identification.
- AcpiExec: Add debug message during _REG method phase during table load/init.
- AcpiNames: Fix a regression where some output was missing and no longer emitted.
- Debugger: General cleanup and simplification. Lv Zheng.
- Disassembler: Cleanup use of several global option variables. Lv Zheng.
Example Code and Data Size: These are the sizes for the OS-independent acpica.lib produced by the Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 32-bit compiler. The debug version of the code includes the debug output trace mechanism and has a much larger code and data size.
Non-Debug Version: 101.3K Code, 27.7K Data, 129.0K Total
Debug Version: 198.6K Code, 80.9K Data, 279.5K Total
Non-Debug Version: 100.9K Code, 24.5K Data, 125.4K Total
Debug Version: 197.8K Code, 81.5K Data, 279.3K Total
2) iASL Compiler/Disassembler and Tools:
AcpiExec: Fixed a problem where any more than 32 ACPI tables in the XSDT were not handled properly and caused load errors. Now, properly invoke and use the ACPICA auto-reallocate mechanism for ACPI table data structures. ACPICA BZ 1188
AcpiNames: Add command-line wildcard support for ACPI table files. ACPICA BZ 1190.
AcpiExec and AcpiNames: Add -l option to load ACPI tables only. For AcpiExec, this means that no control methods (like _REG/_INI/_STA) are executed during initialization. ACPICA BZ 1187, 1189.
iASL/Disassembler: Implemented a prototype "listing" mode that emits AML that corresponds to each disassembled ASL statement, to simplify debugging. ACPICA BZ 1191.
Debugger: Add option to the "objects" command to display a summary of the current namespace objects (Object type and count). This is displayed if the command is entered with no arguments.
AcpiNames: Add -x option to specify debug level, similar to AcpiExec.